(US$1 is approximately 1,050 KRW as of April 2014)
|Tuition per year||US$8,051||8,454,000 KRW|
|Dormitory for unmarried graduate students||US$1,000||1,050,000 KRW|
|Graduate Student APT for unmarried students||US$2,285||2,400,000 KRW|
|Graduate Student APT for married students||US$2,857||3,000,000 KRW|
|Graduate Student Association Fee* (per year)||US$28||30,000 KRW|
|Student Medical Co-Op Plan*/** (per year)||US$125||132,000 KRW|
|Meal Costs per year (estimate)||US$3,085||3,240,000 KRW|
(one time only when enrolling at POSTECH)
(one time only)
|Graduate Student APT for married students only||US$190||200,000 KRW|
* Gradute Student Association Fee and Student Medical Co-Op Plan are optional.
** This is established to reduce the financial burden on students in case of illness or injury. Students enrolled in the plan can receive 80% of medical expenses in reimbursement up to the maximum of 1,000,000 KRW per semester.
- POSTECH Fellowship for Excellent International Students
- Awarded to applicants who are recommended by the president of their home universities or by the Korean ambassador/consul in their home countries.
- SK hynix Fellowship (US$9,500/year)
- Awarded to students including newly incoming students who are interested in conducting semiconductor-related research and/or pursuing a career in the field of semiconductor after graduation.
- POSCO Asia Fellowship (MS/MS-Ph.D. Integrated Program): US$13,000/year, Ph.D.: US$16,000/year)
- Awarded to applicants from Asian countries for Fall 2014 Admissions.
- POSCO Africa Fellowship (MS/MS-Ph.D. Integrated Program): US$13,000/year, Ph.D.: US$16,000/year)
- Awarded to applicants from Zimbabwe and Democratic Republic of the Congo for Fall 2014 Admissions.
- Korean Government Scholarship Program (US$19,000/year)
- The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to support international students pursuing higher education in Korea, with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries. POSTECH is one of the designated universities in Korea, and international applicants can only apply from February to March every year.
- POSTECH Teaching or Research Assistantship
- Available to graduate students who are selected as teaching or research assistants.
- POSTECH Administrative Staff Assistantship
- Available to graduate students who are selected as administrative staff assistants.
- POSTECH Settlement Allowance for New International Students (US$2,800)
- Awarded as a one-time grant given to all incoming international graduate students during the first semester of enrollment at POSTECH.
- Institutional Loan
- Available to graduate students who have financial difficulties in continuing their graduate study.