(1 USD is approximately 1,098 KRW as of February 2015)
|Tuition fee per year||8,656,000 KRW||7,884 USD|
|Housing per year||Dormitory for unmarried students||1,175,000 KRW||1,070 USD|
|Apartment for unmarried students||2,400,000 KRW||2,186 USD|
|Apartment for married students||3,000,000 KRW||2,732 USD|
|Graduate Student Association fee (optional) per year||30,000 KRW||27 USD|
|Meal costs||3,240,000 KRW||2,951 USD|
|Matriculation fee (only once when enrolling)||872,000 KRW||794 USD|
|Housing deposit (only once)||Apartment for married students only||200,000 KRW||182 USD|
* Payment should be made through KRW. The USD exchange rate is stated only for reference.
All of POSTECH’s prospective students MUST join or purchase one of the following three insurance plans:
- Health insurance plan of their home country that covers most illnesses or injuries in a foreign land (i.e. Korea). In this case, applicants must submit a document of verification to International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) prior to their arrival at POSTECH.
- National Health Insurance Service (NHIS). Students are required to pay approximately 40,000 KRW per month, the amount being accumulated since the most recent date of arrival. NHIS provides a wide range of coverage for various injuries and illnesses. Furthermore, instead of getting reimbursed afterwards, patients can pay the discounted amount from the start at the medical institutions.
- Korean Private Health Insurance. Students are required to pay approximately 200,000 ~ 250,000 KRW per year. Please note that the Korean Private Health Insurance covers fewer illnesses and injuries than NHIS. Also, unlike NHIS, patients are required to pay the entire amount at the medical institutions, and then get a certain amount of reimbursement by submitting required evidential documents.
- Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP)
- The Korean Government Scholarship Program is designed to support international students pursuing higher education in Korea, with the aim of promoting international exchange in education, as well as mutual friendship amongst the participating countries. POSTECH is one of the designated universities in Korea, and the application period is from February to March every year.
- POSCO Asia Fellowship
- Awarded to prospective applicants from Asian countries that will be enrolled in Fall 2015. POSCO Asia Fellows are recommended by POSTECH to the POSCO TJ Park Foundation after they pass POSTECH’s admissions process. Students who have an Asian nationality and wish to be recommended as POSCO Asia Fellows may indicate it in their online application.
- POSCO Africa Fellowship
- Awarded to prospective applicants from Zimbabwe and the Democratic Republic of Congo that will be enrolled in Fall 2015. Prospective POSCO Africa Fellows are recommended by POSTECH to the POSCO TJ Park Foundation after they pass the selection process. Students who come from Zimbabwe or the Democratic Republic of Congo and wish to be recommended as POSCO Africa Fellows can indicate it in their online application.
- POSTECH Fellowship for Excellent International Students
- Awarded to Vietnamese applicants who 1) are lecturers at POSTECH’s partner universities in Vietnam (HUS, HUST, UET, HCMUS, HCMUT), 2) hold a master’s degree, and 3) wish to receive a doctoral degree at POSTECH. The application period is from February to March.
- SK hynix Fellowship
- Awarded to (newly incoming) students interested in conducting semiconductor-related research and/or pursuing a career in the field of semiconductors after graduation. Students who show interest in semiconductor research or related careers can apply for this fellowship after being enrolled to POSTECH.
- POSTECH-Qualcomm Fellowship
- Awarded to graduate students who have interest in the field of multimedia or wireless-related research. Initially launched in 2014 (undecided whether it will be conducted in 2015).
- POSTECH Teaching or Research Assistantship
- Available to graduate students who are selected as teaching or research assistants by their advisors.
- POSTECH Settlement Allowance for New International Students
- Awarded once to all incoming international graduate students at the beginning of their first semester of enrollment at POSTECH.
- POSTECH Settlement Allowance for New International Students (US$2,800)
- Awarded as a one-time grant given to all incoming international graduate students during the first semester of enrollment at POSTECH.